The tool shown below will calculate the value of the following functions:
- Natural log, ln(a*x - b), you will enter; ln, and values for x, a and b
- Common log, log(a*x - b), you will enter: log, and values for x, a and b
- Absolute value, |a*x - b|, you will enter: abs, and values for x, a and b
- Power function, a*xb, you will enter: pow, and values for x, a and b
- Exponential function, a*bx, you will enter: exp, and values for x, a and b
- Square root, Sqrt(a*x - b). you will enter: sqrt, and values for x, a and b
- DO NOT CAPITALIZE ANY OF THE ALPHABETIC ENTRIES, CASE SENSITIVE!
- If the answer you get is NaN the computer is probably telling you that your x value is not in the domain of the function
You enter the value of x and the constants a and b. If your inputs are feasible you will get an answer. If they are not possible you will get an answer of Nan, or -Infinity or + Infinity depending on the browser you are using and a host of other factors. If you don't get numbers your inputs are probably not within the domain of the function. The bottom box allows you to write the answer you expect to get. You could estimate it or calculate it with your calculator. Then use the tool to calculate the same answer and see if they agree. If you have any problems with the tool let me know.